Happiest new year to all my makers out there!
Hi name is Margaux, I’m a goofball, a fiber fanatic and the new Media Director for Berroco. I’m truly thrilled to be in this position to share all the goodies Berroco has to offer whether it’s our beautiful yarns or inspiring designs.
I figured I’d start my first post with a 20 Things About Me List:
- I learned how to knit from a book.
- My first project was a striped scarf from Knitting Pretty by Kris Percival.
- I lived in Hoboken, NJ and was a regular at Patricia’s Yarns circa 2005-2011.
- I lived in San Francisco and was a regular at Atelier Yarns.
- I am a mother of two boys, Ben (5) and James (6)
- James was diagnosed with a rare disease at age 1 called Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood.
- I created The Rare Stitch to bring awareness to rare diseases.
- I love karaoke.
- I paint House Portraits on occasions.
- My favorite knitting technique that I use a ton is Magic Loop.
- My first design was a cowl.
- I’m originally from New Jersey (Tenafly represent!)
- I went to Boston College!
- I love cheese danish.
- I really love to roller skate.
- I used to play HS basketball and was a point guard.
- I also love to crochet and my mother taught me how.
- My favorite artist right now is Lizzo.
- My favorite dessert is Pecan Pie.
- My husband and I met in HS and have been married 10 years.
Knitting has truly had a thread through out my life and to begin this next chapter at Berroco seems fitting. I look forward to sharing all the good fiber arts to come this year and beyond.
Make something today!