I was at the mall this weekend [GAH] and saw a window display that said “It is never too late to pick up a new spring look!” I DISAGREE!! We’re just now getting some truly cold temps, and we’re ALL really excited about it. We’re a winter loving office, I have to say. We’re sharing our favorite teas and casting on last minute winter knits and I thought it would be fun to share a few of my personal winter favorites.
1. New designs from Amy Christoffers! Last week we featured Amy in a table that showed off all the great designs that have been released in our yarns recently. Today, Amy launched another winner! It’s called Larch and I LARVE it! Sorry. She knit it in Tupelo, and amazing new shade of yellow Ultra Alpaca Light. Fun fact, Amy can knit and hula hoop at the same time. Awesome!!
2. Hot Toddies! To keep warm and relax, I’ve been concocting all sorts of delicious warm treats. If you need some recipes (and some amazing knitting inspiration) check out my friend Lee Meredith’s Bundle Up! post (scroll to the bottom for recipes). My personal variation is Good Earth Original Tea with a glug of Kraken Black Spiced Rum. Bonus points for gorgeous packaging:
3. My new Nook! After seeing our pattern writer swatch and read at the same time, I knew I had to have an e-reader. I’d been a little wary about them, I tend to be opposed to the increasing number of gadgets we humans tote around, and I really love the experience of reading a book, taking in the cover, the typeface, the paper, everything. That said, I end up watching a LOT of stuff while I knit, and I know my brain is getting mushy because of it. So I picked up a Nook and a fancy cover, downloaded 100 classics for a whopping 6 bucks and I haven’t looked back! I’m tempted to knit a Baobab while I wait for my Jack Spade cover to arrive…
4. Winter movies! My favorites are It’s a Wonderful Life, Elf, the Charlie Brown special and a new one, Rare Exports. This is bizarre movie from Finland that I absolutely loved. It was a taut and twisted little fairy tale, not for everyone but right up my alley. A bonus? There was some great knitwear on view (of course)!
5. Go-to recipes. This is a time of year when I do a lot of cooking and baking but I do have a few go-to favorites: Martha Stewart’s Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies and something my hairdresser told me about called BRICKLE. The Brickle is ridiculously addictive and easy to make, a total win-win.
Well, it is time for a tea break here. Maybe something with ginger…