Director of Sales
For over forty years, Berroco has supplied quality hand knitting yarns and patterns to crafters of all kinds. We are known for our selection of yarns along with our extensive library of knitting and crochet patterns. Now operating on the site of the old Lonsdale Cotton Mill (1904) in North Smithfield, Rhode Island, Berroco continues the family tradition, providing quality textiles by continually adapting to the changing needs of the times.
Berroco is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a company that represents the craft communities we serve. We welcome employees of all backgrounds and perspectives, and we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment.
The Challenge and The Opportunity
Our close-knit team carries a passion for their jobs and for the community of local yarn shops (LYS), knitters, and crocheters which we serve. We lead in our industry as a curated supplier of “yarn for all makers”.
As our Sales Manager, you will plan and direct the strategic direction of the sales program to maximize profit. You will manage up to 20 U.S. and Canadian-based sales representatives, including the selection, training, territory assignment, and evaluation of your team. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Oversee sales staff operations, develop business plans, and create and execute budgets.
- Develop and execute sales strategies, plans, and promotional programs.
- Work closely with the marketing team to provide educational and promotional materials for our product lines and services.
- Organize, manage staffing and attendance at domestic trade shows.
This position may be fully remote; up to 50% travel.
You will work with a team of talented sales and marketing professionals who are always striving to better serve our customers. We value communication, flexibility, teamwork, and honest critique.
- Seven or more years of outside sales experience with at least three years in a sales team management role.
- Ability to develop, forecast and monitor budgets and utilize operational resources.
- Skilled in developing relationships with key industry individuals, business owners, and competitors.
- Understanding of LYS (Local Yarn Shop) or other similar business owners.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We offer a generous benefit package, including:
- Multiple medical and dental plan options after 30 days (with company contributions to the premium costs)
- Healthcare Savings Account with employer contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision and other voluntary life and income replacement plans
- Company-paid Life and Disability benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Employee discounts at all Premier Needle Arts companies!